by Henley Sales & Charter Ltd
29 Station Road
Lead batteries are popular because they are durable, reliable and affordable. However, to ensure that your battery performs at its best and lasts a long time, it's essential to maintain the water level inside because the water-acid mixture in the battery must be in contact with the plates for the battery to function properly. When temperatures are high, the water can evaporate, leading to a decrease in the battery's performance.
To make the process of maintaining the water level in your lead battery easier, it's recommended to use an automatic filling cap bottle. It allows you to add the right amount of water that's missing in a quick and straightforward manner.
Here is a step-by-step guide on how to use the automatic filling cap bottle:
1. Gather your materials: Before you start, make sure you have all the materials you need within reach, these include the batteries, the refill bottle, a funnel, and distilled water.
2. Fill the bottle with distilled water: Open the refill bottle and fill it with distilled water. Distilled water is recommended because it is free from minerals and impurities that could potentially harm the battery.
3. Prepare the batteries: To prepare the batteries, unscrew all the caps. The number of caps will depend on the voltage of your battery. For example, on a 6-volt battery, there will be three caps, while on a 12-volt battery, there will be six.
4. Place the nozzle into the battery: Once you've prepared the batteries, place the nozzle of the cap into one of the holes.
5. Press down on the bottle: Now, press down on the bottle. When the battery is full, the small ball inside the automatic filling cap bottle will rise and block the flow of water. Repeat this process for all the holes on your battery.
By following these steps, you'll be able to easily maintain the water level in your lead battery, ensuring that it performs at its best and lasts for a long time. Remember, regularly checking and maintaining the water level is crucial for optimal performance and the longevity of your battery.